Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts&Opinions...?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
potatopancakesattack

potatopancakesattack

Thoughts&Opinions...? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Okay...so recently I've been told that a friend of mine (a 16 year old guy) still sleeps with his parents on occasion. I dont mean very often, like every night often, but it's not so seldom that it's not an issue. Basically I just want to know what you guys think of that...cuz I don't know what to think Shocked Suspect Exclamation Question affraid bounce
Back to top Go down
ooki

ooki

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:48 am

Well.
I know this is proabbly against most social norms or whatever, but I honestly see nothing wrong with it. I do the same on rare occasions.
I think that people need to go back to the basics sometimes, when being a family meant sleeping in a pile on the cave floor, with no regard to sex or age.
Seriously, now it's wrong to love your family in your own home? My dog sleeps between my legs when it's cold, he doesn't think twice about it. He's cold, so he finds a spot that will make him warm. he feels safe because he loves me, and I'm family to him. That's it. He doesn't see anything perverted about it. Why can't people do the same?
Back to top Go down
http://ooki-saikai.deviantart.com
potatopancakesattack

potatopancakesattack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 am

I dunno.
I mean, yeah, I'll sleep with my parents on occasion. Like, if I'm sick...or when I got my knee operated on, my mom slept downstairs with me.
But I'm not talking like that, I'm talking like...
every week
every time he gets upset

and he gets upset a lot

like....i dont know. it just doesnt sit well with me... :/
Back to top Go down
jillfish

jillfish

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 am

If it makes him feel better when he's upset, why shouldn't he? A few summers ago, after I watched The Grudge 2 and subsequently had a hellish episode of sleep paralysis, I was too scared to sleep a wink. After one night of staying up until four, tossing feverishly and crying for I-don't-really-know-why, my mother apparently heard me from her room and came in to comfort me. She ended up sleeping in my bed for the next two or three nights as well, simply because she made me feel safe enough to fall asleep when I was still feeling the aftershock of a nasty experience. It's happened before that, as well (usually whenever my sister convinced me that there were ghosts in our house), but that was simply the most recent experience because it was the last time I was both scared and scarred enough to need parental protection while I slept. So this kid feels that threatened more often than most. So what? As long as his parents are okay with it, it doesn't seem like a problem to me.

And I still sleep in my sister's room with her when I feel overly terrified by something. We just treat it like a sleepover party. 8D
Back to top Go down
potatopancakesattack

potatopancakesattack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Okeydokey:)
I just didn't know what to think, that's all.
But I guess if ya'll do it it's more common than I thought, and I don't have to be alarmed or worried :3
I still do think what he's talking about is more often than what you guys are talking about, but that may be all in my head Razz
Back to top Go down
Pyromaniemma

Pyromaniemma

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:25 pm

If this 16 year old guy is David, I'm going to kill myself.
And honestly, it's not that bad. I mean, people put too much responsibility on guys to never let anything affect them. If he's upset, and being with his parents makes him feel better, then there's nothing wrong with that!
Back to top Go down
potatopancakesattack

potatopancakesattack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 am

No, it's not David....it's someone else Razz
Alright. I was just wondering what yall thought
DONT KILL ME! pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts&Opinions...?   Thoughts&Opinions...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts&Opinions...?
Page 1 of 1